I’m sure I’m not the only one left wondering what to do with the leftovers after a meal sometimes.
We all know using up leftover food makes sense for a few different reasons: it can shorten your cooking time for the next meal; it’s a budget friendly option; and it means less food waste.
But sometimes I need a little inspiration, a few more smart ideas for putting that extra food to good use
Leftovers can be particularly tricky when the food left over isn’t quite enough for another meal. That small bowl of cooked meat and a handful of vegetables probably won’t stack up for a family dinner, but it’s too much to go to waste. Perhaps I could use it to make a good start on tomorrow’s lunch, or I could turn it into a completely new meal. Or, there’s always soup – just blend the leftovers with a bit of stock and few extra herbs and spices to make soup for another meal.
10 tasty dishes to make with leftovers
Looking for more ideas? This round up is a collection of 10 recipes which use those leftovers of pork, lamb, beef and vegetables in delicious and inspiring ways. With these recipes, you might even find yourself making extra on purpose, just so you can have leftovers!
1. How tasty do these lamb flatbreads look, made with leftover cooked lamb?
2. This recipe for apple and fennel slaw tacos with pork is a delicious twist on leftover pulled or slow cooked pork.
3. Yet another tasty taco option is this pork taco recipe using leftover smoked pulled pork.
4. This slow cooker roast to pork ragu recipe gives you two very simple but delicious meals from one pot roast. Make your roast one night and pasta with pork ragu the next.
5. This stuffed zucchini recipe is an ideal way to use leftover Bolognese sauce.
6. A steak and quinoa bowl is an easy and healthy way to put that leftover steak to good use.
9. Wondering how to turn leftover potato into something fabulous? Have a look at this cheesy vegetarian hash.
10. Make two meals in one with these recipes, turning beans and greens into a spicy chorizo, kale and bean soup.
I hope that’s given you some inspiration for the next time you are left with leftovers!
Leftover chicken: Read the next post at this link here, full of ideas for leftover chicken.